Our “Factory Audit” & “Company Verification” services are both designed to help importers verify the identity & background of their suppliers & analyze their scale & capabilities as these are often misreported on the websites. The purpose of the services is to minimize risks before making payments to suppliers or entering into contracts & ensure suppliers are genuine.
Factory Audits are suitable for buyers who are either placing large orders or intend to work with a factory on a long-term basis and involves physically visiting the supplier and verifying their documentation, processes, capabilities, product line and other critical factors. The service includes:
- Arranging a visit to the company’s office/factory to ensure that the company is physically located there & inspecting of their services/production line etc. This is done by our inspectors.
- Checking & Evaluation factory’s manpower resources i.e. the total number of workers, workers per production line, number of admin and sales staff, number of people in management, etc.
- Verifying the existence of internal QA/QC Procedures and identities of relevant managers.
- Checking third-party certifications, such as ISO certifications.
- Reviewing factories’ production processes, such as Welding, SMT, Testing & Assembly.
- Evaluating factories’ annual and seasonal production capabilities.
- Evaluating working hours, minimum wage compliance & other working conditions of workers.
- Evaluation factories export experience and capabilities, e.g. checking export licenses as well as understanding the mix of domestic sales vs exports.
- Checking the company’s product documentation such as “QC checklists” or “lab testing documentation”
- Checking & verifying the companies contact info and talking to their representative.
- Verifying the identity of senior management.
- Checking the consistency of the contact & address information over a period of time (i.e. does the company change numbers every 2 months).
- Checking the relevant registration certificates of the company and checking the validity of these documents with the relevant departments to ensure that they are genuine.
- Checking the company’s standing with other third party organizations.
- Consistency of phone codes and area codes
A factory audit is usually carried out once the “supplier identification & shortlisting” process is complete and is an On-Site form of due-diligence, especially on a new supplier.
The audit report delivery time can vary by city but is normally within 5 working days after receiving payment.